The BIOPURE treatment system is an advanced wastewater purification technology designed to deliver effective sewage treatments for domestic, commercial and industrial applications. Waste water treatment plants capable of treating sewage and wastewater to an excellent quality need stable conditions to operate. Biopure being designed to operate in fluctuating loading, power cuts, storm water flooding, toxic shock and intermittent operation conditions. The system features non-clog fixed film media that effectively removes Carbon and Nitrogen contaminants to produce high quality effluent. The treatment process is as below;
1. Primary Treatment: Wastewater enters the primary treatment chamber where solids are separated and settled and organic solids and sludge are then broken down through anaerobic digestion. After primary separation/settlement the liquid effluent is passed through an effluent filter to the Buffer tank.
2. Buffer Tank: The buffer chamber holds peak flows and regulates the amount of effluent that is fed into the bioreactor tanks. Maximum efficiency is achieved when the effluent stream is fed to the Bioreactors at a constant rate over 24hrs.
3. Aeration Reactor: Effluent enters the Bioreactor chambers where bacteria attached to the Fixed-Film Media breaks down the waste using oxygen provided by an air blower. Aeration blowers force air into the tank and through fine bubble diffusers positioned under the media in order to provide oxygen to the bacterial population as well as mixing the tank.
4. Clarifier Tank: The effluent then passes to the clarifier tank where sludge and suspended solids are separated from the water and settle at the bottom. The clear water is carried to the contact storage tank and the sludge is returned to the primary treatment for storage and digestion.
5. Storage Tank: The treated water from the clarifier is dosed with chlorine for disinfection. The final product, a clear, odorless and sanitized effluent is ready for discharge either by means of irrigation or safely to the environment.
Typical Biopure installations are below ground using a concrete structure, but above ground and mobile configurations are available. Alternative configurations for plastic, fiberglass & steel tanks are available on request. Retrofitting the Biopure technology to old wastewater facilities, septic/conservancy tanks and failed plants is also a popular solution.
Features include: -
- Reduced vibration and low noise due to the positive displacement blower at aeration chamber.
- Vertical configuration blower to save space.
- Low energy consumption.
- Modular design allowing for scaling up when higher capacity is required.
- The design and layout is flexible and can be suited to customer requirements.
Enpure Purification results*:
BOD: 4mg/l, 99%
COD: 26mg/l, 96%
TSS: 3mg/l, 99%
*Testing done in conformity to EU Norm EN 12566-3, testing Institute: PIA in Aachen, Germany.
Medium: Organic waste not containing aggressive medium
Medium Temperature:250 C
|Population Equivalent (PE)
|Organic Loading (kg/BOD5/day)
|Nitrogen Loading (kg/NH/day)
|Foot Print (m2)
|Total Tank Volume (m3)
|Installed Power (kWh/month)