The Lorentz PS-HR range are high specifications solar powered helical rotor pumps specifically designed for high head borehole applications and feature a remote surface mounted controller. Pumps are constructed principally from AISI 304/316 stainless steel and are engineered to the highest standards to give easy serviceability, excellent efficiency, high reliability and long life.
The pumps are fitted to ECDRIVE HR maintenance-free, water-filled brushless DC motors without integrated electronics. They should be powered by solar arrays configured to provide the input voltage required and sized at approx 50-200% of the rated motor power depending on local conditions.
Speed: 900-3300 rpm
Insulation Class: F
Enclosure Class: IP68
Pumps are provided with matched controllers for monitoring, protecting and controlling pump operation that feature:-
- Integrated datalogging of all relevant technical parameters, flow and fuel cost savings easily accessible via pump scanner smartphone app.
- Advanced configuration options for daily flow rate, constant and min/max pressure, level and flow rate sensing.
- Sensor inputs for dry run protection, tank switch, water metering, pressure and level sensing.
- Switch output for external devices (e.g chlorine dosing units, irrigation valves etc).
- Integrated SunSensor for extended pump lifetime.
- Optional remote control functionality using the PS Communicator and pumpManager service.
- Integrated MPPT (Maximum Power Point Tracking) for maximum solar energy conversion efficiency.
- Protection against reverse polarity, overload and over temperature.
- Low voltage disconnect for battery protection.
Pump output curves are given at standard test conditions of 1000W/m2 solar irradiance and 250C cell temperature. Output will vary throughout the year depending upon prevailing irradiation levels. For estimated daily outputs at continuous pumping multiply the indicated output at the duty point by the daily irradiation given in Graph 1. For indicative purposes factors of 1.1 can be applied for hot arid areas and 0.9 for temperate high altitude areas in East Africa. Output will vary throughout the day as a proportion of the estimated hourly irradiation as shown in Graph 2.
NOTE: Output estimations are strictly indicative. More accurate projections are available using COMPASS software when the exact site location and installation arrangement is defined. This information will be provided with all offers.
Pumped liquid: Thin, clean, chemically non-aggressive liquids without solids and fibres.
Maximum liquid temperature: 500C
Ambient Temperature: -300C- +500C
Max. depth of immersion: 250m
Minimum borehole diameter: 100mm (4”)
||Max Current (A)
||Max Input Voltage (V)