GRUNDFOS RSI SOLAR CONTROLLERS
Recent innovations in DC/AC inverter technology have led to the development of solar solutions for large system outputs, which use standard AC motors controlled by specially designed inverters. Grundfos RSI inverter systems have been re-engineered and improved and are especially compatible with a wide range of the world renowned Grundfos Submersible and surface pumps to create a modular system that can be customised to the requirements of each installation. Specific features include:-
- Suitable for all AC 3 phase motor sizes up to 37kW.
- Designed for all Grundfos SP pump models and can be retro fitted to existing installations.
- Advanced MPPT capability that optimises system performance by compensating for environmental condition improving water output by 30%.
- Set-up wizard that is pre-progmammed with Grundfos motors making it easy to set up or preprogramme at the workshop before installation.
- Hybrid capability with option of switching between AC or DC power ensuring that the pump can be operated at any time of day . An external switch over box is required to connect the two power sources
- Adjustable operating parameters.
- Multiple sensor input.
Grundfos have been pioneers in solar pumping since the technology's beginnings and with their great experience, quality products and high system effectiveness offer the best solution for all solar pumping requirements.
The controller offers the following control functions:-
- Detachable control interface.
- Settable minimum and maximum frequency and open circuit voltage.
- Display of operating parameters including frequency, voltage, amperage, input power and pump speed.
- Display of historical data including energy generation, maximum power and operating times.
- Protection against over and under voltage, over current, system overload and module over temperature.
- Fault detection with error code display.
As a rule all PV powered solar pumping systems should be provided with a solar module array with a nominal output about 30% greater than the motor size. The arrays should be wired in a combination of series and parallel connections to ensure that the correct voltage is available in to the inverter. It is important that the connection arrangement is approved by the pump supplier.
||Motor Power (Kw)
||Motor Voltage (VDC)
||Solar Input Power (kw)
||Max. DC Input Voltage (VDC)
||Min. MPP Voltage (VDC)
||Output Current (A)